Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thoughts on "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead"

I am reading Waiting for Godot for my January MOR assignment. I the "R&G are Dead" is very similar to it. They both have a pair that have conversations that seem like babble, but at the same time, sound incredibly smart. I don't really get what they are saying, and I wonder if that is the point. Man, Po.Mo. writing is wierd. I am enjoying "R&G are Dead" and I hope that eventually, I will get what the heack they are saying.
As far as the flipping of the coin goes, I think it is amazing how the writer used something so trivial to reveal the characteristics of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern (or Guildenstern and Rosencrantz). All of the conversation that flows from the coin flipping is interesting to, especially the infinite monkey theorem.
This is a random thought, but I am going to tack it on anyway. I think the probability of the flipping of the coin goes along with the story of Hamlet because a whole mess of things goes wrong so as to make you think it has to turn around. But it does not, and nothing good happens. Should this surprise us?
Well... that's it...

No comments: