Monday, February 2, 2009

Inaug. Blog (sorry it's late)

I found the article interesting. In my opinion, Barack Obama's speech was very inspirational even without his common rhetorical flair.
One part of the article that stood out to me was the reference to Rick Warren. There was a lot of Christians upset with Warren for praying for such a liberal president. The article brought up a good point though. The Bible tells us to pray for those in authority and I think Rick Warren did the right thing. We all need to back up and pray for our president. He may disagree with us and he may cause some changes that make us angry, but that is why we need to pray and be involved rather than back off with our bitter commentary.
On a lighter note, I agreed with the article when referencing the other minister that prayed. Some said the ending of his speech was corny, but I thought it sounded something picketers would cry out in a rally. ( :

No comments: